California University of Pennsylvania prepares to welcome Chick-fil-A

Cal U adds the quick-service restaurant option to the amenities in newly expanded Natali Student Center

CALIFORNIA, Pa. (June 20, 2016) … Responding to student requests for a quick-service restaurant option on campus, California University of Pennsylvania is preparing to welcome a Chick-fil-A Express.

The outlet is scheduled to open Aug. 29, the first day of fall classes, on the first level of the Natali Student Center, in the heart of Cal U’s campus in California, Pa.

Students, University employees and members of the community will be able to purchase Chick-fil-A’s famous chicken sandwiches, chicken nuggets, waffle potato fries, fresh salads, freshly squeezed lemonade and other menu items.

Business hours will be 11 a.m.-7 p.m., Monday through Friday. Community residents are welcome to drop by; metered parking for visitors is available in a lot immediately behind the student center.

The new Chick-fil-A Express adds another student-friendly amenity to Cal U’s student center, which was re-dedicated in 2015 after a two-year renovation and expansion.

Cal U will be one of five universities in Pennsylvania’s State System of Higher Education to offer Chick-fil-A on campus. AVI Foodsystems Inc., the university’s dining services provider, describes it as “a perfect complement to the culinary choices on the Cal U campus.”

The Natali Student Center also houses the Gold Rush dining hall, where all-you-care-to-eat options include a wide variety of American and world cuisines; Fresh, which serves made-to-order wraps and salads; the Modeco coffee bar; the V-Bar, a pub-style location serving foods from around the world; and Fyre, which offers gourmet burgers, specialty sandwiches and panini.

Coffee, breakfast and lunch items also are available at the Sycamore Bistro, located beside the Herron Recreation and Fitness Center on campus.

“Students have been asking for a fast-food option for quite some time,” said Dr. Nancy Pinardi, vice president for Student Affairs. “Chick-fil-A is not only an industry leader, but a name our students recognize. I believe they’ll be pleased to see the new Chick-fil-A Express at Cal U.”