Meet our new Entertainment Editor, Tom!

Two new editors join the Cal Times family

Hello everyone! I am the new entertainment editor, Thomas “Tom” Caton! I already knew I had some very large shoes to fill following the departure of former entertainment editor, Jessica Crosson. I have written for Cal Times in the past, starting in the 2017 fall semester, but this is my very first time/year holding an editorial staff position for the newspaper. I decided to run for entertainment editor because I loved writing entertainment pieces for Cal Times last year and last semester. Hailing from my hometown of Baden, Pa., I am currently a sophomore studying Communications with a concentration in Radio & TV at CalU. I plan to graduate in 2021. I am also a production crew member for California University Television (CUTV), and a certified DJ at the local radio station on campus, 91.9FM WCAL. Outside of the media suite, I am also a member of the University Honors Program, the HAB/Alumni Representative for the Student Honors Advisory Board (SHAB), and a peer mentor. My biggest life dream is to ultimately be a talk show host on TV in the future and move to New York City.

Out of all the places I have ever traveled to, going to New York City was the best (hence why I want to move there). Also, I love going to the beach and hope to visit Hawaii sometime in the future. I have had many interesting/exciting memories occur at CalU and the overall best memory was touring the WPXI TV Studio back in November. The studio set was very thrilling to me and I knew I picked my major for a reason.

I come from a huge family and one fun/interesting fact about me is that I have a twin sister, Megan. I also love animals; I have a dog named Barlow and two rabbits named Ollie and Otis. Overall, I am beyond excited to be the new entertainment editor and I am looking forward to a great semester at Cal Times! I consider all of the editors in Cal Times to be another family to me.