Get the Cal Times delivered to your Inbox!

Women’s Basketball Wins Against Edinboro Fighting Scots

The Vulcans Took Down the Fighting Scots
Nathan Kurtz
The Vulcans vs. the Fighting Scots

On Mar. 2, 2024, women’s basketball traveled to Edinboro in the last game of the regular season, taking the win 66-56. They finish the regular season with a record of 21-7,16-6, and the win also secured the Vulcans’ position in the playoffs.

A competitive match up from both teams, as both were competing for better position in the playoffs, along with that was the intensity as multiple players from both sides ended up in foul trouble.

The Vulcans had four different players score in double digits, including Sierra Bermudez with 14 points, Dejah Terrell with 10, Nina Shaw with 13, and Alicia Young with 18. Edinboro had two in double digits, as Morgan Gentile tore through the California defense with 25 points, and Haley Sims finished with 10. The Vulcans as a team shot 19-61 (31.1%) from the field, and 3-9 (33.3) from deep. The Fighting Scots shot 20-49 (40.8%), and 7-14 (50.%) from the 3-point line.

The real difference maker in the game was the free throws. The Vulcans made 25 free throws of the attempted 38, setting a season high for the team in both made and attempted.

With a much-needed win and morale booster, California goes on to face the number 6 ranked Seton Hill Griffins in the first round of the playoffs. That game is set for Monday Mar. 4, and will be a home game, as the Vulcans are a higher seed.

For all up-to-date information on standings and broadcasting information, please visit calvulcans.com, or the PSAC Conference page, www.psacsports.org, and watch live on CUTVSPORTS1 with CUTV.