Get the Cal Times delivered to your Inbox!

Women’s Basketball Take Down Slippery Rock

The Vulcans Crushed the Rock
Nathan Kurtz
(From left) Kimaya Williams, Dejah Terrell, and Sierra Bermudez vs. Slippery Rock

On Saturday, Feb. 10, the Vulcans of California rolled past the Rock of Slippery Rock 72-53. The Vulcans improved their record to (16-7, 11-6), as the Rock still have yet to obtain their first away win (2-14, 2-17). California holds 4th place in the PSAC West and are still tied with the Edinboro Fighting Scots. 

The Vulcans ended the night shooting 29-67 (43.3%) from the field, where Slippery Rock shot 18-48 (37.5%). The Rock’s Kristina Donza finished the night having played the full game and had 15 points, 3 rebounds, and 2 steals. The Vulcans were once again led by Dejah Terrell who had 20 points, 9 rebounds, 1 block, and 1 steal. Terrell has shown up consistently this season for California as she scored in double digits night in and night out. Other contributors in the game were Kimaya Williams who finished with 11 points, 7 rebounds, 2 assists, and Nina Shaw 8 points, 4 rebounds, 4 assists. 

At this point, California has 5 games left in their season, all equally important. On Wednesday, February 14, the Vulcans played the Clarion Golden Eagles. Wednesday, February 21, they face the Pitt-Johnstown Mountain Cats. On Saturday, February 24, Senior Day, the Vulcans go against the Lakers of Mercyhurst. Looking at the standings in the PSAC West, California is in the middle of the pack, and the team cannot afford a losing streak, especially this late in the season. Every game will have an impact on the team’s playoff hopes. 

For all up-to-date information on standings and broadcasting information, please visit calvulcans.com, or the PSAC Conference page, www.psacsports.org, and watch live on CUTVSPORTS1 with CUTV.

Stat Leaders: Scoring… Terrell 355 pts; Rebounds… Terrell 199 reb; Steals… Shaw 55 stl; Assists… Shaw 100