Get the Cal Times delivered to your Inbox!

Did Someone Say Yoga?

Recently Opened, Flo Cal Fitness has various events lined up
Damani Stafford
Flo Cal Fitness Studio

A new yoga studio is opening up in Downtown California and is located at 217 Wood Street. The yoga studio is run and instructed by Tori Shuckhart. Tori is a resident of California and lives with her husband and their toddler daughter. She also works as a respiratory therapist and works in clinical research full, time but has always had a passion to open a yoga studio. Shuckhart was certified to teach yoga at, “Amazing Yoga” in Pittsburgh in 2018 and taught at a few studios. She also went on to say, “I brought this studio to this town to show everyone that yoga is for everybody. You don’t have to be in the best shape of your life to enjoy yoga and its many benefits”.

The studio will not just have yoga, but will have other fitness classes as well, like Pound, Zumba, Pilates and indoor cycling. Shuckhart also said they are hiring fitness instructors as well. The studio will have pop-up events like semi-permanent jewelry, henna body art, and a spray tan pop-up the Thursday before PennWest California’s homecoming on Oct 12.

For more information on the new studio, check out their social media; FloCal Fitness LLC on Facebook and @flo.2cal.fitness on Instagram. Their website is www.flocalfitness.com