Cal U Job and Internship Fair considered a success

Students networked with professionals as they met one-on-one with over 50 companies.

Nikki Brognano, Assistant News Editor

On Tuesday, Oct. 6, the university held its liberating CALU Job and Internship Fair in the Convocation Center of the Fall. There were over 50 companies and organizations in attendance that were here to recruit students and alumni for full-time, internship and co-op positions. Some of these organizations were local, and others were from various places throughout the region. The entire convocation center was filled with students who were ambitious and eager to land an internship or career opportunity of their preference. Students received a program book before going into the fair that included detailed descriptions of each company. Along with these descriptions included information about job opportunities and the majors that they were hoping students would have in order to hire.

There were several tables that were setup by the companies that had useful information about what they had to offer their future candidates, and on many of these tables were resumes and business cards that were left by students after connecting with the company. Students even dressed professionally in order to me more presentable for the organizations they desired to work with. Even if students were uncertain of what they were looking for it was easy to see the communication and connections that were being made when they found out information about future careers. However, a few students were leaping out of the convocation center with pure joy as a result of receiving internships and careers right on the spot.

There were many positions that the companies had to offer, some of them entry-level and some of them requiring prior experience. Several of these opportunities consisted of positions that will start in the Spring. No matter what the positions consisted of, the Job and Internship fair opened up numerous opportunities for students who are searching to step out into the work field.