PennWest California Demonstrates Why PennWest is Best

Members of the House of Education Committee, PASSHE Board of Governors, Student Government officers from the three campuses, and administration visited PennWest California

Melissa Dunn

Attendees during the Breakfast Meet and Greet

Sarah Seader, Editor-in-Chief

On Thursday, Oct. 20, several members of the House of Education Committee, PASSHE Board of Governors, Student Government officers from the three campuses, and administration were on campus at PennWest California. The day started with a breakfast Meet and Greet at the President’s Hall, Old Main.

From there, the group was invited to participate in a walking tour or a golf cart tour of campus. Attendees were able to visit the Vet Tech program and even meet the Beagles they have. The dogs seemed to put a smile on everyone’s face during the tour.

Then, the tours broke off to sit in on a Multi-Modal class which included Content Area Literacy with Dr. Connie Monroe and Journalism News Writing with Dr. Anthony (Todd) Carlisle. After class, everyone had the opportunity to explore what the Natali Student Center had to offer and even attended the Annual Health Fair, where members enjoyed smoothies as they walked around. After the Health Fair and lunch, there was a break until nighttime when attendees were invited to attend a dinner reception at the Convocation Center.

While the event may have only lasted a day, it was clear that PennWest California pride was on full display for all attendees throughout the day.