Student Association Inc. announces club and organization budget for 2021-22 academic year

SAI

Student Association, Inc. (SAI) at Pennsylvania Western University, California

A Message from the Chief Financial Officer of the Student Association, Incorporated:

The Covid 19 pandemic has created a new environment of uncertainty when it comes to money.  The last time the entire budget process occurred for clubs and organizations was during the Spring 2019 semester.  Budgets were submitted for the 20/21 academic year in January 2020 and some clubs were able to present their requests for funding, but then Covid struck in the United States in March, campus closed, and the University partially refunded the Spring 2020 student fee.  All of our lives were turned upside down and we have spent this last year adjusting each day to this new environment.

Due to the uncertainty of enrollment figures and fee dollars to be received in the Fall 2021 semester and the limited in-person budget process, the SAI Board of Directors deemed it best to award the exact same allocation budget for the 21/22 academic year that was approved for the 19/20 academic year, which was the last completed budget process.  In addition, there were three new clubs eligible for allocation who will receive the maximum amount of first year funding of $500 and three already established clubs who were recently reactivated that will receive the maximum of $500 also.  The allocation award for each club can be seen in the chart.

Before funds will be placed in a club account for use, every club will be required to submit a budget at the beginning of the Fall 2021 semester showing SAI how they plan to spend their allocation award.  This will allow them time to meet and talk with all club members to discuss how they would like to spend their allocation dollars during the 21/22 academic year.  Clubs will also have to provide a current officer sheet and membership roster with their budget.  The budget, officer sheet, and membership roster are all items that are part of the normal budget process.  The timing of submitting the documents is the only change to the process.

It is important to note that clubs have until June 1, 2021 to spend allocation dollars from their current account and funds may only be spent on items that were listed in their budget request from 19/20.  No purchases will be permitted after June 1st and any unspent allocation dollars will be returned and used to help fund allocations for 21/22.

I look forward to the Fall 2021 semester and seeing more students in our office planning awesome activities to give you the college experience you deserve.  SAI is ready to level up and we hope to see you in person very soon.  Best of luck on finals, congratulations to all those graduating, have a safe and fun summer, and come see us in September.  We are here for you!

Leigh Ann Lincoln, CPA

Chief Financial Officer

S.A.I.