Colton Underwood Announced as the next Bachelor

Back to Article
Back to Article

Jessica Crosson, Entertainment Editor

After Becca’s season of the Bachelorette fans eagerly awaited the announcement of the newest Bachelor, hoping it would be one of the fan favorites like Grocery Store Joe or Jason. However fans were forced to wait until the newest season Bachelor in Paradise, a spinoff series of The Bachelor/Bachelorette, was almost complete.

Colton Underwood was officially announced as the newest bachelor. After his appearance on Becca’s season of The Bachelorette, where he was eliminated just before the fantasy suite week occurred, Underwood decided he would join the cast of the latest season of Bachelor in Paradise.

Three major facts that fans knew about Underwood going into this season of Bachelor in Paradise was that he admitted he had fallen in love with Becca, had a fling with Tia (one of Becca’s best friend from Arie’s season of The Bachelor) before going on The Bachelorette, and announced to the entire nation that he was still a virgin. Those three facts provided fans with enough drama to carry them well through Bachelor in Paradise.

In Paradise, Underwood arrived on the island after his ex-fling Tia. Though the waters were rough when he first arrived, Tia and Underwood began to develop a relationship in Paradise that the fans went crazy for. However, Underwood ultimately decided to end things with Tia claiming that he was not entirely over Becca and he needed to take some time to just figure himself out.

So let’s get to know a little bit more about our newest bachelor… Underwood, who hails from Washington, Illinois, comes from a large blended family including seven siblings. The 26-year-old loves his family and actually created the Legacy Foundation after his 6-year-old cousin, Harper, was diagnosed with cystic fibrosis. Another fun fact about Underwood is that he is a former NFL player. After playing college football at Illinois State University, Underwood bounced around on the practice squads of the San Diego Chargers, Philadelphia Eagles, and the Oakland Raiders.

ABC’s profile on Underwood wants to leave fans with this information as Underwood takes on his latest role on ‘The Bachelor’,

“This all-American is looking for a teammate who will join him for a life full of adventure, philanthropy and lasting love; and he is confident that he will find her on The Bachelor.”

Be sure to tune in to ABC to find out if Underwood can find the girl he’s been searching for.

About the Writer
Jessica Crosson, Entertainment Editor

This is Jessica's third, and final, year serving as Entertainment Editor for the Cal Times and she is very excited and sad to begin her final semester...