Grammys 2018: White roses and Bruno domination

Photo of Bruno Mars claiming one of his six Grammy awards courtesy of Christopher Polk/Getty Images

Olivia Wilson, Staff Writer

On Sunday, the 60th annual Grammys took place. If you didn’t watch the show or follow along on Twitter, here’s what you need to know!

Roses are…white? You might have noticed that a large majority of attendees were wearing white flowers in some shape or form on the night of the show. This was in honor of the Time’s Up movement. Each of these people donning the flower were showing their support, similar to the black dress movement that took place earlier at the Golden Globe’s.

Sweeper of the Year: Bruno Mars. Bruno took home seven different awards including the coveted Album of the Year for his latest album, 24K Magic. He also gave a performance of his newest song Finesse featuring Cardi B.

Snub of the Year: SZA. This was one that people might not have been as aware as, even one of my friends texted me and asked who she was, but she was up for nominated for a five different awards. She however did a beautiful performance of her song, Broken Clocks.

Best New Artist: Alessia Cara. This is one of my favorite awards to see who wins. Each year, the biggest new artists are nominated. Sure, many of the ones who don’t win that particular year, end up to win other awards and have spectacular careers, but it’s always interesting to see who takes home the trophy! This year Alessia Cara went up against Khalid, Lil Uzi Vert, Julia Michaels and SZA.

Some other notable performances at the show were Little Big Town’s Better Man which actually was written by Taylor Swift. Throughout the show, Kesha’s performance of Praying was being teased as the performance to watch. She had help from Camila Cabello, Cyndi Lauper, Julia Michaels, Bebe Rexha, and Andrea Day. Elton John and Miley Cyrus also gave us a rendition to Elton’s song Tiny Dancer.

Best Dressed: One of my favorite parts about award show season is the red carpet. A pregnant Chrissy Teigen stunned in a silver Yanina Couture gown. Hailee Steinfeld wore Alexandre Vauthier head to toe. Her white gown and knee high purple boots definitely stood out in New York. Lana Del Ray rocked a cream draped gown made by Gucci which fit her boho style perfectly.