Arganbright earns All-PSAC honors on final day

Matthew Kifer, Sports Information

Junior Jade Arganbright (York, Pa./Central York) placed third in the finals of the 200 breaststroke on Sunday to earn All-Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference (PSAC) laurels during the final day of the league championships.
Arganbright posted a time of 2 minutes, 20.05 seconds in the finals of the 200 breaststroke to place third in the championship finals. She has now earned All-PSAC status seven times in her career after capturing five individual titles over the past two years.
Freshman Rebecca Wilkerson (Coral Springs, Fla./Coral Springs Charter) also scored in the 200 breaststroke on Sunday, placing 16th overall with a time of 2:31.11 in the consolation finals. She qualified for the session after touching the wall in 2:30.44 during the preliminaries.
The 400 freestyle relay of freshman Kira Goin (Pointe-Claire, Quebec/Dawson College), freshman Summer McIntyre (York, Pa./Central York), freshman Lauren McAnany (St. Marys, Pa./St. Marys) and Arganbright placed seventh overall with a time of 3:36.12.
Freshman Danielle de Perrot (Lititz, Pa./Warwick) posted a time of 2:14.74 in the 200 backstroke, which improved her personal record by over 4.5 seconds. McAnany finished with a time of 55.74 seconds in the 100 freestyle at the league championships.
The California University of Pennsylvania swimming team finished 10th in the team standings with 143 points. West Chester led wire-to-wire to capture its 10th-consecutive league title and finished with 715.5 points. Bloomsburg finished in second place with 626 points and IUP closed the meet third overall with 443 points.
The Vulcans looks to continue their season by competing at the NCAA Championships from March 9-12 in Indianapolis, Indiana.