Get the Cal Times delivered to your Inbox!

Women’s Basketball Falls to Lock Haven in Conference Rematch

Vulcans Downed by the Bald Eagles
Owen Lukens (Lock Haven)
The Vulcans vs Lock Haven

On Friday, Mar. 15th, the Vulcans took on the Lock Haven Bald Eagles in the first round of NCAA playoffs in an anticipated rematch, but were not able to pull together as they fell 74-60. Now at the end of the road for the Vulcans, they will look to change their fortunes next season.

Vulcans held their own until the 2nd half, where the Bald Eagles outscored them by 15. California’s worst quarter offensively was the 4th, as they shot 3-14 from the field. During the whole game, the Vulcans shot 20-59 (33.9%), compared to Lock Haven’s 21-58 (36.2%).

The real difference between the two teams was the 3 point line and the free throw line. Lock Haven sank 3 threes and 29 foul shots. The Vulcans were unable to get a 3 point shot to go and made 20 foul shots.

Top contributors for California were Dejah Terrell with 18 points, 13 rebounds, and 2 blocks. Nina Shaw had 14 points, 2 rebounds, and 3 assists. The Bald Eagles had Jenadia Jordan with 25 points, 6 rebounds, 5 assists, and 2 steals; Alana Robinson with 20 points, 4 rebounds, and 3 blocks, and Rhlyn Rouse with 10 points, and 5 rebounds.

The season put together by the Vulcans now comes to an end, as they finish the season with a 23-9 record and put together a decent season considering the loss of seniors who were at the top of the PSAC last year. With it they say goodbye to seniors Jordan Smith and Dejah Terrell, we wish the players the best of luck.