Sports Recap Week of Sept. 18

A look at the Vulcans Athletic Teams.

PennWest+California

PennWest California

PennWest California

Stephen Yaniga, Staff Writer

Volleyball

The Vulcans Women’s Volleyball Team took home a win last Friday, Sept. 16 against Pitt-Johnstown with the score of 3-0 Vulcans. This was the team’s fifth-straight road win against UPJ. The Vulcans travel this Friday, Sept. 23 to take on IUP at 7 p.m. and also travel to take on Clarion Saturday, Sept. 24 at 1 p.m.

Football

The Vulcans Football Team had an overtime loss last Saturday, Sept. 17 at Shepard with a score of 26-23 Shepard. Though the Vulcans suffered a loss, Senior Quarterback, Noah Mitchell, broke the record of 8,690 career passing yards set by Sam Mannery in 1987. JaQuae Jackson also tied a record for single-game recorded receptions set by Pete Gialames in 1968. The Vulcan Football Team takes on Edinboro at home starting at 12 p.m. this Saturday, Sept. 24 for the Vulcan Family Tailgate at Adamson Stadium.

Tennis

The Vulcan’s Tennis Team took home a win Monday, Sept. 19 against Saint Vincent with a score of 6-1 Vulcans. The Vulcans travel this Tuesday, Sept. 27 to take on Fairmont State starting at 3 p.m.

Soccer

The Vulcans Men’s Soccer Team took a loss against Slippery Rock this Wednesday, Sept. 21 with a score of 1-0 Slippery Rock. The Vulcans travel to take on Seton Hill this Saturday, Sept. 24 starting at 1 p.m.

The Vulcans Women’s Soccer Team took a loss this Wednesday, Sept. 21 against Seton Hill with the score of 2-1 Seton Hill. The Vulcans will travel to Gannon for a game this Saturday, Sept. 24 starting at 3 p.m.

Golf

The Vulcan Women’s Golf Team finished in 11th place this past Monday, Sept. 19 and Tuesday, Sept. 20 at Ohio Dominican. Golfers Freshman Ari Kaser, Sophomore Keegan Selinsky, and Senior Rachel Wilson paced the team with a two-day score of 27-over 167. The Vulcans head to an Invitational at Ashland, OH this Saturday, Sept. 24 and Sunday, Sept. 25.

The Vulcan Men’s Golf Team will travel to an Invitational at West Liberty in Steubenville, OH this Monday, Sept. 26 and Tuesday, Sept. 27.