Integration Insights for Students

Cal U Communications

California, Clarion and Edinboro universities are forming a partnership that could change the face of higher education in western Pennsylvania.

Welcome to Integration Insights for Students, a weekly series to update you about plans for the Western Integration of Cal U, Clarion and Edinboro universities.

Students, you are a primary and critical group involved in the integration process. You are represented in the process through your elected representatives in student government, your student trustees and student members of various integration committees and advisory boards.

FAST FACTS ABOUT INTEGRATION

Here are some questions students are asking about integration.

Will I still have access to student services and academic support?

Yes! Services such as financial aid, student accounts, health/wellness services and more will be available on every campus. You’ll also have access to advising and academic support programs that can help you to succeed.

Will Cal U still have student clubs and organizations?

Yes! There will still be many opportunities to engage in student government and other campus activities, to grow your leadership skills, and to make new friends through student clubs and organizations.

When will integration go into effect?

You can expect to see the benefits of these changes beginning in Fall 2022, provided the integration plan is approved by the Board of Governors for Pennsylvania’s State System of Higher Education and other regulatory agencies.

Speak up: Pennsylvania’s Board of Governors meets April 28 to review integration plans. With their approval, a 60-day public comment period will begin. In next week’s Integration Insights, we’ll let you know how to submit your comments.

STAY TUNED FOR NEXT WEEK’S EDITION OF INTEGRATION INSIGHTS.

For more information about university integrations, visit www.calu.edu/integration