Bonus points in bed! Cal U hosts web seminars for students to earn bonus points

Instead of attending seminars on campus, how about earning bonus points from your bed instead?

With COVID-19 changing the look of a typical fall semester, Cal U has opted for an all online experience for its students. The school has hosted several web seminars through Zoom in place of in-person lectures for students to enjoy at home.

Many professors offer bonus points for students who attend the lectures however, with restrictions being placed on campus and classes limited to online learning, it was COVID – 1, bonus points – 0. CalU offers these seminars throughout the semester for students to listen and engage with mentors, inspirational speakers, and controversial influencers. Many other campus activities are held to help college students get involved with clubs and organizations.

Each department has the ability to elect their speakers for the year and bring in educators that will inspire success among the student body. Professors give out optional bonus points as motivation to get students to attend and in turn walk away with new advice and budding ideas. This year has included other online events for students to participate including the Banned Book Read hosted by Sigma Tau Delta, Working with Neurodiverse Students hosted by Dr. John Massella, and a virtual club and organization fair week.

Students can partake in these events by reading the weekly announcements delivered via email and clicking on the links to get more information.