Horizon Zero Dawn: A Month Anniversary Review

Joshua Hershey, Contributor

Horizon Zero Dawn premiered for PS4 on February 28th, 2017. The game was developed by Guerrilla Games and published by Sony Interactive Entertainment. With a 9.3 out of 10 rating from IGN, this game has the potential to win game of the year. With many comparisons to Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (10 out of 10 from IGN), it will lock-down a strong favorite towards the game.

Unfortunately for PC and Xbox gamers, they do not have the pleasure of buying and playing this original game. For me, I was skeptical of buying the game, but after each trailer and review it got me motivated enough to pre-order it. As it was my first real, open-world game, I found it very organized and easy to follow.

Through the cinematic, and original story-line, I felt like I was in this game. The cinematic had enough quality that it could’ve been a blockbuster film, not really, but you get the point. I highly suggest buying this game or buying a PS4 to buy this game because you will truly see what the critics see.

The story revolves the character you play as (Aloy), a hunter and archer who has to survive by a post-post-apocalyptic world run by Robots. After recently getting a platinum trophy (all trophies in the game), I have plans of playing it on the hardest difficulty.

I hope you join me and play as Aloy, to help save the world of a phenomenal game, Horizon Zero Dawn.