SAB on a roll with the Roller Rink event

Briana Hendriksen, Staff Writer

Over 150 students attended the Roller Rink event that took place in the Natali Performance Center on Wednesday evening.

The Roller Rink, which was part of the Whine Free Wednesday programming, was sponsored by the Student Activities Board and the Front Loading Committee in order to give students the opportunity to have fun without spending money or leaving campus.

The detachable roller rink was put together by members of SAB and the booking agency, Neon Entertainment, in the Performance Center in anticipation for those interested in a unique open skate event.

Neon Entertainment spent the day at California University of Pennsylvania helping to run SAB’s daytime events, Do- It-Yourself Lip Balm and Photo Mugs in the Natali Food Court and remained on campus for the Roller Rink event in the evening to ensure everything ran smoothly.

In addition to the roller rink, Cal U’s very own radio station, WCAL 91.9 FM, played music throughout the duration of the event and snacks including popcorn and donuts were up for grabs upon entrance.

Students even had the opportunity to swipe their student ID’s for participation credit, and the chance to enter into a drawing for prizes including a Cal U parking pass, shop dollars and tablet, and tickets to Broadway show Something Rotten in Pittsburgh and Gas gift card.

The event – which was brought back from last year – was full of high energy, laughter and excitement and was a unique event that got students moving and having fun without any cost.

The next Whine Free Wednesday event will be Late Night Pancake Breakfast which will held on November 30th from 10-11 pm in the Natali Food Court for free with your student ID.