Get the Cal Times delivered to your Inbox!

Deck the Halls with Bows of Horror

Happy Horror Days are back at Haunted Hills Estate
Haunted Hills Estate Scream Park
Time for a Merry Good Scare at Haunted Hills Estate

December is here, which means freezing air, snow, bright colored decorations, and classic holiday traditions and TV shows. People are fearing Jack Frost, Old Man Winter, and the visiting in-laws for the holidays. At Haunted Hills Estate, who celebrated their 20th Year of Fear this year, they have their own Christmas traditions, as they will open the doors, and fling open the gates and invite guests to the Happy Horror Days. The House and the Twisted Nightmare will be open on Dec. 15 and 16, with the gates opening at 7p.m. for two terrifying themes.  

In the House it is Letters to Santa if you were on the “naughty list”, so what would you do? Henry, the Bad Elf, has a plan. He borrowed a child from the “nice list” and plans to use them to get what he wants from Santa. Will you deliver his letters to Santa’s mailbox, or will you toss it into the wind? 

Across the way in the Twisted Nightmare, the theme is The Candy Cane Nightmare 3D. Rudy was just a regular Sugar Smith clown. He worked in a candy cane factory for many years and learned how to craft the most perfect candy canes. Sadly, Rudy was fired. Some say he just inhaled too much peppermint oil. Now… he runs the Candy Cane Nightmare factory. He recruited friends to assist in making the perfect candy canes. The red that they use is warm, tastes like iron, and it gets clotty at times. The white mixture that he uses is hard as bone. Rudy has invited people on a tour of the Candy Cane Nightmare and perhaps you can donate some ingredients…???? 

Tickets can be purchased online or in person. General admission is $25. and R.I.P. is $35 if you want to skip the line. Make sure to check out the photo ops in the midway, including Krampus. And you can grab something from the gift shop and snag a hoodie, blanket, or a beanie to stay warm or stop by the food truck to warm your holiday spirit. For more information, go to their website www.hauntedhillsestate.com or check out their social media pages on Facebook, Instagram, Tik Tok and X. Happy Holidays to all and to all a good fright at Haunted Hills Estate.