Fall Fest at the Farm

Fall Fest at the Farm

Jessica Crosson, Entertainment Editor

Last Saturday the Student Activities Board sponsored a free trip to Triple B Farms for their annual Fall Festival. The 2016 Fall Festival runs from September 24th-October 31st. For an “All Day Play Wristband” it is $13 per child and $8 per adult.

Students take a break from trying to find their way out the corn maze.

Students who signed up for the trip were provided with transportation to and from the farm as well as wristbands that gave them access to almost all of the activities offered at the farm.

The Student Activities Board Weekends and Trips chair, Nate Connolly, shared why he decided to offer this trip to students “Everyone loves fall, but not everyone likes the scary haunted houses so I picked something where everyone can enjoy fall festivities without dealing with the scary part of it.”

Triple B Farms offers a variety of interactive and educational activities including the Big Blue Boo Barn, Giant Inflatables, Annual Corn Maze, Farm Flinger, Meet The Farm Animals, Observation Beehive and a Farm Playground. One of the most popular attractions for children who come to visit Triple B Farms is Storybook Pumpkinland. This attraction contains over 250 pumpkin-headed characters from nursery rhymes and children’s movies.

Students mess around with the photo props at Triple B Farms.

“I had so much fun even though it was extremely hot out. Ironically, even though I am terrified of corn mazes, I think I liked that the most. I would love to join SAB on more trips!” sophomore, Sabria Johnson, expressed.

At the end of the trip many students expressed that their favorite parts of the farm were taking a hayride to the “pick your own pumpkin patch”, trying to find their way through the corn maze and visiting with the farm animals. With the overall consensus being positive, the bus headed home full of exhausted students, pumpkins and apple cider.

Enjoying their time at the pumpkin patch, juniors Sidney Popielarcheck, Mark Barret and Kayla Grimm take a photo.
Enjoying their time at the pumpkin patch, juniors Sidney Popielarcheck, Mark Barrett and Kayla Grimm take a photo.